Friday, March 19, 2010

Goldstar Global Gig one of few lead for week of March 21st

A recruiter from Goldstar Global is recruiting up to three people from the green bay area to work Mon-Thus 8pm-6am, so for one week four shifts overnight, a little way to pick up a little extra cash with potentaially more work to come. Didn't have the work posted on their own website, I found the ad on craigslist, and Diane responded within the hour and wants to hire people over the weekend to work March 22nd-March 25th.

Not the ideal in my jobsearch as I had set out yesterday morning and walked onto the recocstruion job of military ave in green bay, Dorner is doing the sewer utility work amonst several other cotnracters and road jobs in the area. I got told they still had 14 of their regular employees out of work, so although I did pass my resume off with a good verbal selling of myself, that job looks dim. Hopefully I have better luck with Lunda on the 172 job or any other local construction contracters.

So on my list, a few construction places I need to apply to EEO or by whatever means, and hope they have work and not too many workers. (Its a shame I don't really know anybody, cause that helps):
Dorner, Lunda, Degroot, and even the city? I used to work for Hillcrest Homes in highschool and even heard from one of their employees I should reapply, but got shut down by a lady at the front desk who said they weren't hiring, hung up on me before I knew the conversation was over.

Should would be nice to get a 9-5 or regular stable day job, but for now it's every little bit I can find.



Overall yesterday left me feeling rough, but I also have one response I'm waiting for from Across The Nation Promos, sent me an email about a concert on March 27th they needed staff for, and then posted a less detailed ad on craigslist a few days later. Nice I got the email before the ad and responded, but I haven't heard back. So we'll see as the date approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment