Friday, March 19, 2010

Cast as Henry in Return Engagement at Green Bay Community Theater!

Auditions have now been set for the final production of Green Bay Community Theatre's 2009-2010 season. Return Engagements by Bernard Slade, is the charming and funny play that examines the complexities of the human relationship over years time. Director Michael Laskowski is seeking eight actors; 4 men and 4 women.

Daisy: Age 23-25. Artistically ambitious actress. Rather thorny and humorless though.
Raymond: Age 18. Insecure and much too eager to please.

Joe: Age 24-26. Unpolished and rugged appearance of a former athlete.
Miranda: Age 25-27. Warm and open with a witty sense of humor.

Oliver: Age 31-33. Sarcastic and volatile.
Fern: Age 29-31. Bright and pleasant with an academic manner.

Henry: Age 27-30. Precise and unimaginative, though kind and decent.
Dawn: Age 20-22. Ditsy and perky.

Auditions will be February 22 and 23 at 7:00pm. Performances will be April 8-10 and 14-18 2010. Scripts are available at the theatre for rent. Please contact the theatre box office at 920-435-6300.

Above is the post that I responded to, and I have to say I'm glad I went on both open audtion days as something unexpected happened to me. I got on stage and suddenly I was nervous! I didn't expect this, and performed poorly. The next day I took a deep breath and with slightly more preparation went to my audition again, and did much better, I was cast. 


I was cast as Henry and have been enjoying my rehearsals with the Green Bay Community Theater, one of the longest standing theaters in the state of Wisconsin. Tickets are 16 dollars or 8 for a student, the theater is located at 122 N Chestnut Ave, Green Bay, WI 54303. Showtimes will be April 8-10; 14-18, 2010, call the theater at 920.435.6300 for tickets.


This is my first foray into acting in theater, I've long been a patron and fan of the arts, although only recently expressed an interest. Perhaps my inspiration is derived from the recent promotional modeling/brand promotion/field marketing gigs I've been involved in since this last fall, perhaps my recent work at the haunted house Terror on the Fox, or perhaps peer pressure. 


It's an unpaid gig, actors at community theaters tend to be unpaid volunteers, but it's an experience. I intend to add it to my resume, and my goal is that I perform well enough to use it as a stepping stone to real paid work in acting, modeling, or any foothold in the entertainment business available.


*sigh* What cheesy picture *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment