Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where I find my Promotion work

The internet is my business tool, I send my resume out via email multiple times a week as the few clicks are as easy as shaking a hand or passing out a business tool, and I receive and have several jobs offers sitting in my inbox.

My absolutely favorite resources are:
  • Craigslist - Craigslist is the dominant classified advertisements. I no longer look in the newspaper for jobs (or couches for sale) and turn to the online source which is free to the advertiser, and only requires a access to the Internet. Often look in the 'gigs' category, although listings are also included in the jobs section also
  • Stuck for Staff - A new website for the states which for it's detailed agency listing alone earns it a notation and is still still working out the bugs of the interactions between individual profiles and agency job posts, very promising though and I already receive emails about various jobs, the only problem with that atm is I get offers outside of my defined job market (IE wrong side of the country)
  • Eventspeak - A forum I recently joined with has list jobs available in the marketing and event industry, although as I find the job list part of the website sub par (it seems poorly updated and hard to search for a particular state) I've found it more useful for finding company names and its social forum for networking.
  • All for Models - A model's blog out of Chicago, although slightly too far for me to legitimately consider the majority of work posted, I have found a few companies with work encroaching into Wisconsin. This would be a great blog to follow for anyone in Chicago.
  • Google - I kid you not, everything is on google.

I work primarily out of Green Bay, WI (although I am willing to travel and applying for mobile tour campaigns and also looking for work near Mobil, Alabama)
Here are a few of the companies that I have worked for and may have work locally (and most companies are nationwide).

  • GMR is a popular and renowned organization with multiple events
  • Events-Promotions put me in many in-store wine and spirits samplings under the sunflower group
  • Integreat Staffing started my work in Wine and Spirit sampling
  • Aras Promotions has been advertising for female promotional models for liquor promotions at bars
  • I've also worked with both Victory Marketing and Lime Media for one day events as they brought their mobile tours to Green Bay's tailgating and needed a local hand.
  • Again, I'll mention Stuck for Staff's immense agency directory, although it does require a free user name registration and login to the site.
To be considered for these jobs:

An applicant will typically need to send their resume to a staffing agency along with a head shot and full body shot. They expect a professional appearance of the applicant alone with no one else in the picture of obviously cropped out, although the picture itself does not need to be of professional quality and the simplest image from a personal digital camera will suffice.

While I personally find good results by sending out slews of emails to agencies contact email and their recruits email, a typically professional agency will have an application on the website demanding contact info, photos, and clothing measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment